We encourage teachers to arrive well in advance, at least 15 minutes before the activity starts, and to book the best place for the exercise. If possible, use the western one (left one when looking out from the sauna building towards the lake). Use the middle dock only if the west dock is not available.
Pupils wait outside reception while teachers go into reception to contact staff and get the day's four-digit code for the doors at the back of the changing rooms.
Those responsible for each changing room (one male, one female) confirm their details to us. Cleaning takes place 15 minutes before the booked time. Mop the changing rooms and toilets, flush the hose in the showers. Wet the sinks and dispose of rubbish.
We ask for a phone number of one of the teachers who will be present during the day.
Students then enter through the back doors with the code and leave the shoes and slippers on the balcony.
When a pupil has bathed, he or she takes off his or her clothes and, as soon as possible, puts the wet clothes in a plastic bag on the patio.
The student warms up in the sauna sitting on a towel, showers and scrubs up after himself, both in the changing room and in the shower. When the student is finished, he or she goes out the back. Use the hose in the shower area but certainly not in the changing room where you mop.
Responsible teachers make sure that students keep up and stay calm in the changing rooms.
Before departure, the teachers in charge make sure that the changing rooms are left in the same condition as they were when they arrived. The teacher in charge will contact the staff to have the cleaning checked and approved.
Teachers remind their students to take all wet clothes with them - Hellasgården may otherwise have to throw them away that evening. This is for hygienic reasons.
After the ice-axe exercise, students are often very cold and excited. Our small reception is for other guests only, students are allowed to shop but not to stay in the reception/café. Inform students about this!
We recommend schools to rent the space to stay in (the discount to schools is 50 %). You can read more under the heading Renting premises for schools.
Checklist for students
- Plastic bag for wet clothes.
- Towel and slippers.
- change of clothes
Rules of conduct in the sauna, changing rooms and reception. Review these guidelines with your students before you arrive!
- Only students who are doing the exercise are allowed in the changing rooms.
- Inga shoes, food or music in the sauna.
- Keep the noise down, no raised voices and no running.
- Only towels are allowed in the sauna, not wet clothes and shoes for drying. This is for hygienic reasons.
- Keep changing rooms and showers clean.
- Use the squeegee regularly, taking care of wet clothes immediately.
- The teacher in charge needs to be present in the changing rooms, make sure that the cleaning is kept up and that the pupils stay calm.
- Students are not allowed to linger in reception.