Rent a kayak with us
Your booking includes a life jacket.
The rental is located about 50 metres from the Hellasgården reception, in the bay next to the outdoor gym.
You must be prepared to assist the staff in carrying the canoe from the landing site to the water, a lift of about five metres. Similarly, you as a customer must be prepared to assist the staff in carrying the canoe back to the landing site.
Protecting bird life
Källtorpssjön is a popular place for birds. There are also smaller islands in the lake which are bird reserves.
In order for us to offer you the opportunity to paddle in this fragile nature, we expect you to do so with the utmost respect for the birds and wildlife. Please keep a low profile, and never enter any of the reserves.
1 hour - 235 kr
2 hours - 320 kr
4 hours - 410 kr
Full day - 720 kr
1 hour - 470 SEK
2 hours - 620 kr
4 hours - SEK 810
Full day - 1170 kr
Kayak course, 2 hours under expert guidance - 490 kr
1 hour - 195 kr
2 hours - 310 kr
4 hours - 410 kr
Full day - 710 kr
1 hour - 340 SEK
2 hours - 440 kr
4 hours - 740 kr
Full day - 980 kr
If you book the last session of the day: Please remember that all equipment must be back when we close the rental. For example, if you book an hour starting at 5.30pm and on the day we close at 6pm, you can only use 30 minutes of the time you paid for.
You must be at least 18 years old and able to swim - read more about our canoe rental rules:
In order to rent a kayak at Hellasgården Kayak Rental you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old, or accompanied by a guardian.
- You must be a swimmer.
- You must wear a life jacket.
- You must notify and reimburse Hellasgårdens kayak rental (at cost price) in case of damage or loss of equipment.
- You are aware that all paddling is at your own risk. It is your responsibility to paddle in accordance with the current sea rules.
- Your acceptance of these terms and conditions of purchase constitutes a binding contract. Upon receipt of your booking, a booking confirmation will be automatically sent by e-mail with information about the rental period.
- If you choose the rebooking guarantee, you have the option to rebook your trip at a later time up to 6 hours before the tour. However, we cannot refund your booking.
- Otherwise, the Distance Selling Act applies.
- In accordance with the Personal Data Act, PUL, you must agree to us recording your data. You have the right to have the data deleted.
- We follow the recommendations of the Swedish Complaints Board in the event of a dispute.
- You agree that we will send you a booking confirmation email and a follow-up email. We will not send newsletters or other emails after your visit with us.
- If there is no staff on site at the rental, please inform the reception of your arrival.
- You must be prepared to assist the staff in carrying the canoe from the landing site to the water, a lift of about five metres. Similarly, you as a customer must be prepared to assist the staff in carrying the canoe back to the landing site.
We also have Canadians and SUP - Stand Up Paddle boards.
We provide kayak rental in close cooperation with Långholmen Kayak.
Paddle in Källtorpssjön
Most of our guests are content to paddle in Källtorpssjön. Paddling around that lake takes about 1-2 hours, a distance of about 4 km.
Day trip through three lakes and several canals
We also recommend a longer trip, to Älta
On the map below you can see what a trip from Hellasgården to Älta and back looks like.
You can borrow a cart from us and roll your kayak to the starting point 1 or 2. If you choose 2, you will have to carry the kayak about 70 meters on a small wooded trail and through woods. We therefore recommend starting place 1 in the first instance.
Film from the long trip
Here you can see a video clip from the long trip!
Download a printer-friendly version of the map: Printer-friendly Paddling Map
Download the map to your mobile phone for use with GPS: Map in mobile (Avenza Maps app)